Today, if possible, let’s get through the following fun things:
- Syllabus and course requirements
- Class Interviews
Information Design for the 21st Century
Let’s go over the syllabus and discuss the course requirements. Please ask questions when they come up.
In pairs, please interview and be ready to report back to class on the following:
- Year (don’t put 2017–junior, senior, grad, etc.)
- Job/Future Job
- Favorite Book
- Favorite Movie
- Favorite TV Show
- Favorite Video Game
- What do you expect in ENGL 2116?
- Do not say an ‘A’.
- What do you want to know about Technical Communictation?
- If you want to learn software, there are easier ways, so this class isn’t for you.
- Actually, just own up to it. If you’re just taking this because it’s required, just say so. Why hide it?
Maintain a Webpage all Semester
Some of you are already experts at this, and some of you are brand new. I want you to create a webpage for this course. Let’s try to get one up today.
Don’t forget to keep up with the syllabus. You should read Ch. 1 and 2 in Tebeaux & Dragga for tomorrow. You must read for this class. If you don’t plan on reading, please do us both a favor and drop the class. I’ll expect participation.