- Online Course Evaluations–do them by tonight!!!
Available Now–low response rate so far…I don’t want to have to break out the paper ones next week and have you do them before the exam, delaying your start time.
- Tonight, you get to shine on like crazy diamonds and do presentations.
- In semesters past, there have been enrollment issues for ENGL 4181 and 4183. Students get put on waitlists and then get permits to enroll based on credits taken. For getting on the waitlist to get a permit, contact Jennie Mussington (jmussing).
- I’m teaching ENGL/WGST 4008/5008/4050/5050 “New Media: Gender, Culture, Technology” next semester, and it counts as an upper-level Language and Digital Technology course and as a course for the Technical/Professional Writing Minor
- Final Exam stuff
- Turn in your portfolios. If you don’t have a folder, let me know.
How about some volunteers…If I don’t get any, I’ll just go reverse alphabetically.
Final Exam Stuff
Can you believe it’s just one week before the final exam? Unbelievable. Well, you have nothing to fear if you’ve been coming to class and reading. The final will focus mainly on The Non-Designer’s Design Book (Ch. 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12) and Design for Information (Ch. 4, 5, and 6). Also, ethos, pathos, and logos will be extremely important.
Make sure you know the following:
- Spacing between lines and letters
- Various names for types of fonts
- Typeface fundamentals
- Extratextual elements
- Color and ways to talk about color
- CMYK and RGB
- Ethics and visuals–images and graphs, charts, tables
- Forms, Lists, and Tables as products of bureaucratic culture
The final exam will be fill in the blank, short answer, and an essay-ish question that will ask you to identify ______, _______, and _______.
Next Week and Beyond
You’ll have your final exam in one week–12/11/2017 @ 6:30 pm. Please check to make sure you don’t have any conflicts. Yes, you can come later if you have a conflict with another exam. Remember, if you’ve been coming to class and reading the exam will be easy.
Good luck. And may the odds be ever in your favor!