University Writing Program / College of Liberal Arts & Sciences / UNC Charlotte
- Rhetoric and New Media
- Online / Digital Literacy
- Online Writing Instruction (OWI)
- PhD Student | Texas Tech University
- M.A. in English | University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2010
“Pathways and Corridors: Finding Your Path as an NTT (Online) Writing Studies Scholar and WPA.” 2018 What if We Tried This? Innovating Writing Programs. Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) Conference. Sacramento, California.
“Pedagogy of the (Dis)Enfranchised: Redefining the Terms for Contingent Communities of Practice.” 2018 Languaging, Laboring, and Transforming. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) 69th Annual Convention. Kansas City, Missouri.
“Developing GSOLE Principles and Guidelines for Online Literacy Instruction.” 2018 First International Online Conference of Global Society of Online Literacy Educators (GSOLE). Online.
“Design Once, Teach Twice: Flexible Course Design for Online and Onsite Teaching.” 2017 Cultivating Capacity, Creating Change. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) 68th Annual Convention. Portland, Oregon.
“Reading is Research: Approaches to Teaching Critical Reading and Inquiry.” 2016. Transcendent Literacies. University Writing Program 3rd Annual Conference, UNC Charlotte.
“There and Back Again: How Designing an Online Course Changed the Way I Teach Writing.” 2016. Writing Strategies for Action. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) 67th Annual Convention. Houston, Texas.
Mahaffey, C. & Rieman, J. (Forthcoming). “Developing a Writing About Writing Curriculum.” 2018 Next Steps: New Directions for/in Writing About Writing. Ed. Barbara Bird, Doug Downs, I. Moriah McCracken, Jan Rieman. Utah State UP.
Mahaffey, C. (2018) Review of Teaching, Learning, Literacy in our High-Risk High-Tech World: A Framework for Being Human. James Paul Gee. (2017). Research in Online Literacy Education (ROLE), 1.2.
Mahaffey. C. (2017) “The Age of Impetus or My Life as a Blogger.” RE :Composing. Ed. Julie Cook, Ashlyn Walden. Fountainhead Press.
Mahaffey, C. (2015) “Writer’s Portfolios: Instructor Goals v. Program Assessment.” The Writing Campus. Sponsored by George Mason University, UNC Charlotte.
Mahaffey, C. (since 2012) Reflections on Teaching First-Year Writing. Professional Blog. CatMahaffey.Wordpress.com.
- (Faculty Development Course) Online Writing Instruction
- LBST 2301 Access and the Rhetoric of Digital Texts
- UWRT 1101 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I
- UWRT 1102 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts II
- UWRT 1103 Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I and II
- UWRT 1103 Honors Writing and Inquiry in Academic Contexts I and II
- UWRT 1104 Writing and Inquiry with Studio (blended course)