Bao-Hua (Alysa) Song
Woodward Hall 386D
Bao-Hua (Alysa) Song
Department of Biological Sciences
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223
email@example.com || 704-687-8670
Education and Training
- Postdoctoral Associate, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Max Planck Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
- Ph.D., Beijing Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Molecular Ecology and Agriculture Genomics: Research in my lab focuses on understanding molecular mechanisms and evolution of plant biotic and abiotic stress response using crop wild relatives as study systems. We apply our research in real world problems such as crop improvement and plant conservation.
I am recruiting prospective graduate students (Master, ph.D). If you are interested in joining this active international team, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCBC-North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- UNCC-University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- CRI-Charlotte Research Institute
- Monsanto Company
- NIH-National Institutes of Health
- Zhang H, Mittal N#, Leamy JL, Barazani O, and Song B-H*. Back into the Wild – Apply untapped genetic diversity of wild relatives for crop improvement. 2016 Evolutionary Applications. 1752-4571. DOI: 10.1111/eva.12434 (# Graduate student).
- Zhang H, Li C, Davis EL, Wang J, Griffin JD. kofsky J#, and Song B-H*. Genome-Wide Association Analysis of Resistance to Soybean Cyst Nematode (Heterodera glycines) HG Type 2.5.7 in Wild Soybean (Glycine soja). 2016 Frontiers in Plant Science. 7: 1214.doi: 10.3389/fpls.2016.01214 (#Graduate Student)
- Leamy JL, Lee C-R, Song Q, Mujacic I#, Luo Y, Chen CY, Li C, Kjemtrup S, and Song B-H*. Environmental versus geographical effects on genomic variation in a wild soybean (Glycine soja) across its native range in Northeast Asia. 2016. Ecology and Evolution. DOI: 10.1002/ece3.2351. (# undergraduate student).
- Luo Y*, Hu J-Y, Li L, Luo Y-L, Wang P-F and Song B-H* Genome-wide analysis of gene expression reveals gene regulatory networks that regulate chasmogamous and cleistogamous flowering in Pseudostellaria heterophylla (Caryophyllaceae). 2016. BMC Genomics 17: 382. DOI: 10.1186/s12864-016-2732-0
- Leamy LJ, Lee C-R, Cousins V#, Mujacic I#, Manzaneda AJ, Prasad K, Mitchell-Olds T and Song B-H*, Large-scale adaptive divergence in Boechera fecunda, an endangered wild relative of Arabidopsis. Ecology and Evolution 2014, doi: 10.1002/ece3.1148 (# undergraduate student).
- Prasad, KVS& , Song B-H& , Olson-Manning C&, Anderson JT, LeeC-R, Schranz ME, Windsor AJ, Clauss MJ, Manzaneda AJ, Naqvi I, Reichelt M, Gershenzon J, Rupasinghe SG, Schuler V, Mitchell-Olds T, A novel gain-of-function polymorphism controlling complex traits and fitness in nature. Science (& Co-first Author). 2012, 337-1081-1084
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, Evolutionary and ecological genomics of non-model plants. Journal of Systematics and Evolution 2011, 49: 17-24
- Gossmann TI, Song B-H, Windsor AJ, Mitchell-Olds T and Eyre-Walker, Genome wide analyses reveal little evidence for adaptive evolution in plants. Molecular Biology and Evolution 2010, 27: 1822-1832
- Song B-H, Windsor A, Ramos-Onsins S, Schmid KJ, Schranz ME, Heidel A, Mitchell-Olds T, Multilocus nucleotide diversity, population structure and linkage disequilibrium of a wild Arabidopsis relative − Boechera stricta. Genetics 2009, 181: 1021–1033
- Song B-H and Mitchell-Olds T, High genetic diversity and population differentiation in Boechera fecunda, a rare relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2007, 16: 4079-4088
- Schranz ME, Song B-H, Winsor AJ and Mitchell-Olds T, Comparative genomics in the Brassicaceae: the need for family- a family-wide perspective. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 2007, 10: 168-175
- Song B-H, Clauss M, Pepper A, Mitchell-Olds T, Spatial patterns of microsatellite variation in Boechera stricta, a close relative of Arabidopsis. Molecular Ecology 2006, 15:357–369
- Song B-H, Wang X-Q, Wang X-R, Ding K-Y, Hong D-Y, Cytoplasmic composition of Pinus densata and population establishment of the diploid hybrid pine. Molecular Ecology 2003, 12: 2995-3001
- Song B-H, Wang X-Q, Wang X-R, Sun L-J, Hong D-Y, Peng P-H, Maternal Lineage of Pinus densata, a diploid hybrid. Molecular Ecology 2002, 11: 1057-1063