Office: COED 420
Office: COED 420
William S. Davis is an Adjunct Professor for the Film Studies Program in the Department of Languages and Culture Studies. He received his Bachelor’s in Art with a concentration in Photography and Film Studies Minor from UNC Charlotte in 2004, and his Master’s in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Film and Technology from UNC Charlotte in 2009.
William is CEO of Small Creatures LLC, an award-winning film production company and creative marketing firm based in Charlotte, NC. He has worked with numerous Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, small businesses and artists throughout the U.S. and beyond. His projects have been screened internationally in film festivals and art galleries including the TS1 Gallery in Beijing, China, Yale University and the KIT Museum in Düsseldorf, Germany.
William regularly offers lectures and workshops on scriptwriting and a wide variety of film topics, and has presented at Duke University, Iowa University and Glamorgan University in Wales, to name a few. In the past he served as a board member of the Charlotte Film Society and Director of the Charlotte Film Lab. He is presently developing a text on film history, and currently serves as Program Director of the Joedance Film Festival.
- FILM 3051 – Acting & Directing
- FILM 3051 – Advanced Video Production
- LBST 1102 – Arts & Society: Film
- FILM 3050/COMM 3051 – Community-Based Film Production
- FILM 3050/LACS 3050 – European Cinema
- FILM 3051 – Fundamentals of Video Production
- LBST 2101 – Western History and Culture
- FILM 3051 – Intermediate Video Production
- FILM 2201 – Introduction to Film
- FILM 3050/LACS 3050 – Survey of French Film
- FILM 3050/LACS 3050 – Survey of German Film