Greg talks with Jennifer Piscopo, Assistant Professor of Politics at Occidental College and Peggy Rockefeller Visiting Scholar at the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard. She is an expert on gender quotes and political representation of women in Latin America. How has representation improved over time? How did gender quotas get going in the first place? How has this changed sexist attitudes, if at all? You have to listen to find out.
Contact MeOffice: Fretwell 430H
- Episode 60: Foreign Policy in Latin America November 29, 2018
- Episode 59: Using the Venezuelan Crisis in the U.S. November 12, 2018
- Episode 58: Support for Same Sex Marriage in Latin America October 15, 2018
- Episode 57: AMLO and Mexican Business October 9, 2018
- Episode 56: Immigration, Security, and Human Rights in the Trump Era September 26, 2018
- Ecuador Goes More Into Debt With China
- Will Bolsonaro Invade Venezuela?
- I've Got Big Walls
- Rejecting Immigration in Latin America
- Baseball and Politics in Venezuela
- Russia's Bombers in Venezuela
- New Documents on the 1965 Dominican Republic Invasion
- Senate Hearing on Immigration Enforcement
- Turnout Was Low in Venezuelan Municipal Elections. Why?
- Race 14: Kiawah Island Marathon