Greg talks with John Polga-Hecimovich, Assistant Professor of Political Science at the U.S. Naval Academy, about the political crisis in Venezuela. Among other things, he says to make sure and keep your eyes on Vladimir Padrino-López. We also discuss whether targeted U.S. sanctions will likely work and whether Latin America will take a more active role.
Contact MeOffice: Fretwell 430H
- Episode 64: The U.S. and Juan Guaidó February 13, 2019
- Episode 63: Nayib Bukele Wins in El Salvador February 8, 2019
- Episode 62: Understanding the Venezuelan Crisis February 1, 2019
- Episode 61: Exiting Gangs in El Salvador December 19, 2018
- Episode 60: Foreign Policy in Latin America November 29, 2018
- Using Military Force Is Not The Way to Achieve Democracy in Venezuela
- Pence Points at Russia & China Support for Maduro
- Should We Revive Wet Foot/Dry Foot?
- More On Why Invading Venezuela Is A Bad Idea
- No-Confidence Vote in Mexico
- UNASUR Is Probably Dead
- AMLO's Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy
- Parsing Pompeo's Threatening Tweet
- Abolishing Term Limits
- Eva Golinger's Confidante of "Tyrants"