UNC Charlotte Pages is an instance of WordPress available to faculty and staff in a number of colleges at UNC Charlotte including the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS), the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) and the Belk College of Business.
These help pages were originally created for CLAS faculty and staff, but should be helpful to faculty and staff in other colleges. Most of these instructions are accurate, but this current version of WordPress has more efficient ways of doing common tasks described here.
- How do I change the title of my site? How do I change the “tagline” of my site (i.e. the text directly below the site title)
See: Editing Settings
- How do I update my contact information?
See: Editing Widgets
- How do I prevent people from viewing my site until its ready?
You can edit your site visibility, see: Editing Settings
- How do I change the header on my site:
Go to your Dashboard > Appearance > Header
- How do I upload a copy of my C.V.?
See: Adding Files
- How do I copy text from Word to use on this site
See: Text from Word
- How do I add links to a page or post?
see: Editing Pages & Posts > Adding & Editing Links
- Why don’t I see an “Edit Page” or “Edit Post” link?
The “Edit Page” and “Edit Post” links are only displayed to users who have been given the role of site “editor” or “author”
If you have a question about UNC Charlotte Pages that is not included above, please let us know by adding a comment below.