- Raudla, Ringa, Mohsin Bashir, and James W. Douglas. “The Punjab Revenue Authority: Meeting the Challenges of a New Institution.” Forthcoming in Public Administration and Development. Online version posted 2019.
- Douglas, James W., Ringa Raudla, Tinna Randma-Liiv, and Riin Savi. “The Impact of Greater Centralization on the Relevance of Performance Information in European Governments during the Fiscal Crisis.” Forthcoming in Administration & Society. Online version posted 2016.
- Mohr, Zachary, Ringa Raudla, and James W. Douglas. 2018. “Cost Accounting Practices in Europe: A Tale of Two Organizational Levels.” Public Performance and Management Review, Vol. 41, No. 4, 696-722.
- Douglas, James W. 2018. “Maintaining Higher Taxes and Spending More with the Line-Item Veto: Uncommon Events that Sting.” Lead article in Public Budgeting & Finance, Vol. 38, No. 2, 3-22.
- Raudla, Ringa, James W. Douglas, Tiina Randma-Liiv, and Riin Savi. 2017. “Fiscal Crisis and Expenditure Cuts: The Influence of Public Management Practices on Cutback Strategies in Europe.” American Review of Public Administration, Vol. 47, No. 3, 376-394.
- Raudla, Ringa, James W. Douglas, Külli Taro and Cherlin Agu. 2016. “The Impact of Performance Audit on Public Sector Organizations: The Case of Estonia.” Public Organization Review, Vol. 16, No. 2, 217-233.
- Douglas, James W., Ringa Raudla, and Roger E. Hartley. 2015. “Shifting Constellations of Actors and their Influence on Policy Diffusion: A Study of the Diffusion of Drug Courts.” Policy Studies Journal, Vol. 43, No. 4, 484-511. Winner of the award for best article in the social sciences by a scholar at the Tallinn University of Technology.
- Raudla, Ringa, James W. Douglas, Tiina Randma-Liiv, and Riin Savi. 2015. “The Impact of Fiscal Crisis on Decision-Making Processes in European Governments: Dynamics of a Centralization Cascade.” Public Administration Review, Vol. 75, No. 6, 842-852.
- Krause, George A, David E. Lewis, and James W. Douglas. 2013. “Politics Can Limit Policy Opportunism in Fiscal Institutions: Evidence from Official General Fund Revenue Forecasts in the American States.” Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol. 32, No. 2, 271-295.
- Krause, George A., and James W. Douglas. 2013. “The Collective Wisdom of Policymaking Commissions: Organizational Structure and the Quality of Consensus Group Revenue Forecasts in the American States.” American Journal of Political Science, Vol. 57, No. 1, 135-149.
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Judicial Administration
- Public Administration
- Comparative Public Budgeting and Finance
- Comparative Public Administration
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Money and Public Policy
- Research Applications
- Applied Economics for Public Administrators
- MPA Capstone
- Global Connections
- Politics of Taxing and Spending
- Introduction to Public Administration
James W. Douglas is a professor in the Department of Political Science & Public Administration at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Current research interests focus on federal, state, local, and international budgeting practices. Fulbright Scholar in Estonia (Tallinn University of Technology), Spring & Summer 2014. Advisory Board member for the Center of Governance and Public Management at the Lahore University of Management Sciences, 2013 to 2015.