- Can you tell me where I can find additional information about WGS, graduate studies or careers?
- Can you write a letter of recommendation for me?
In order to write an authentic and compelling letter, I ask that students who make this request meet the following minimum requirements:
- Student has taken at least two courses with me, earning an “A” in both
- Student has at least a minimum overall 3.0 GPA and a minimum WGST 3.5 GPA
- Student provides me with a minimum of 30 days before the deadline
- Student will send me a current resume, as well a brief statement of goals or purpose
If you meet these criteria, please send me an email to further discuss.
- Can you tell me who can help with me issues of crisis intervention (sexual assault/rape or relationship violence) or with suicide prevention?
In addition to contacting Emergency Services (911), below is a list of qualified professionals (on campus and in the community) who are here to help you.
- UNCC Student Health (offers medical care, on-campus safety plans and more)
- UNCC Counseling Center (offers crisis services, mental health resources, programs and more)
- UNC Healthlink = 1-888‑267‑3675 or 704‑687‑7400 (UNC HealthLink is a free service of the UNC Charlotte Counseling Center and Student Health Center. Part of the UNC Health Care system, HealthLink nurses can discuss your immediate needs, how to manage your current problem, and how to follow-up to get the assistance you need.)
- Safe Alliance (sexual assault/rape and domestic violence crisis)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Victims and Family Resource Guide (for non UNC Charlotte students or for add’l resources)
- The Trevor Project (crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQIA youth ages 13-24).