The Technology Development Lab (Barnard 230B) has a large-format color printer for departmental or research presentation needs.
The OAT large-format printer (also known as a “plotter”) is available for any CLAS faculty or staff member for departmental or research needs. Contact your OAT IT consultant for more information.
When preparing documents for printing keep in mind the following:
- you must submit one form request for each poster; only one file can be attached per submission
- maximum width of the OAT plotter is 42″
- avoid dark backgrounds
- check spelling and grammar and overall design
- allow at least 48 hours lead time
- if applicable, use the current UNC Charlotte logo
- Foam board and laminating are not available. If these are required, please refer to Repros for your printing needs instead
- Bring your ticket number. It may be easier to locate your poster by the ticket number attached to it.
- Please view your poster well before it is needed for an event. The quicker we catch errors, the more time we will have to correct the print job.
PDFs vs Presentations
Please upload your file as a PDF. PowerPoints are acceptable, but PDFs are preferable for several reasons:
- The layout may change depending on the presentation editor (PPT files created in Google Slides may look different when viewed in Microsoft PowerPoint).
- PDFs can be viewed and printed on several platforms without importing specialized fonts, software, etc.
- PDFs preserve the look and feel of the document, meaning whatever you see, we see exactly the same. This reduces the amount of erroneous print jobs.
- The PDF may have a smaller file size.
To convert your PowerPoint to a PDF:
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Select File > Export > Create PDF/XPS Document
- Google Slides: Select File > Download As > PDF Document (.pdf)
Ready to Print?
Please submit your poster request using the UNC Charlotte IT Service Catalog (‘CLAS Poster’).
If you are experiencing trouble with the form, please contact Xander Marciniak to assist with your poster printing.