- PhD: University of Florida, 2013
- MA: Wheaton College, 2007
- BA: Palm Beach Atlantic University, 2005
- Chromatius of Aquileia and the Making of a Christian City. Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World. (2017).
- Translation of The Sermons of Chromatius of Aquileia. Routledge Medieval Translations. (Under Contract to Routledge, 2019).
- “What Does It Mean when We Howl at the Moon? Fifth-Century Italian Sermons on Pagan Practices,” Revue des Études Tardo Antiques Supplement in Honor of Bertrand Lançon.
- “A History of Heretics Past: The Sermons of Chromatius of Aquileia, 388-407,” Church History (2014).
- “Zeno, Chromatius and Gaudentius: Italian Preachers amid Transition,” in Preaching in the Latin Patristic Era: Sermons, Preachers, Audiences (Brill). 2018.
- Review of Augustine as Mentor: A Model for Preparing Spiritual Leaders, by Edward Smither. Augustinian Studies 42:2 (2012).
- Review of Augustine and the Jews: A Christian Defense of Jews and Judaism, by Paula Fredriksen. Bryn Mawr Classical Review (July 2011).
- Ancient Mediterranean World
- Late Antiquity
- Early Christian Sermons
- Race and Ethnicity in Antiquity and the Middle Ages
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- Archaeology of Late Antiquity
- The World of Late Antiquity: Romans, Christians and Barbarians
- Ancient Christianites: Christian Sects to 600
- The Birth of Islam in a World Context
- Legal Systems in the Ancient and Medieval World
- Living on the Edges: Barbarians and Vikings in Early Medieval Europe
- The Assassination of Julius Caesar and Aftermath
- Women in the Ancient World