- PhD: University of Florida, 2013
- MA: Wheaton College, 2007
- BA: Palm Beach Atlantic University, 2005
- Chromatius of Aquileia and the Making of a Christian City. Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World. (2017).
- Translation of The Sermons of Chromatius of Aquileia. Routledge Medieval Translations. (Under Contract to Routledge, 2019).
- “What Does It Mean when We Howl at the Moon? Fifth-Century Italian Sermons on Pagan Practices,” Revue des Études Tardo Antiques Supplement in Honor of Bertrand Lançon.
- “A History of Heretics Past: The Sermons of Chromatius of Aquileia, 388-407,” Church History (2014).
- “Zeno, Chromatius and Gaudentius: Italian Preachers amid Transition,” in Preaching in the Latin Patristic Era: Sermons, Preachers, Audiences (Brill). 2018.
- Review of Augustine as Mentor: A Model for Preparing Spiritual Leaders, by Edward Smither. Augustinian Studies 42:2 (2012).
- Review of Augustine and the Jews: A Christian Defense of Jews and Judaism, by Paula Fredriksen. Bryn Mawr Classical Review (July 2011).
- Ancient Mediterranean World
- Late Antiquity
- Early Christian Sermons
- Race and Ethnicity in Antiquity and the Middle Ages
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- Archaeology of Late Antiquity
- The World of Late Antiquity: Romans, Christians and Barbarians
- Ancient Christianites: Christian Sects to 600
- The Birth of Islam in a World Context
- Legal Systems in the Ancient and Medieval World
- Living on the Edges: Barbarians and Vikings in Early Medieval Europe
- The Assassination of Julius Caesar and Aftermath
- Women in the Ancient World
Study Abroad Trips
Jerusalem, June 14-July 6, 2019: Join us for the only American university sponsored dig in Jerusalem. See our website for more details (Digmountzion.uncc.edu) or email me if you are interested. Open to all students for credit or interested parties without credit.