My current primary effort involves a multi-year partnership with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ (CMS) pre-kindergarten program and Office of Research, Analytics, and Evaluation. Through this federally-funded, multi-year project, co-directed with Jim Cook in Psychological Science and Lindsay Messinger from CMS, we are working to increase the pre-kindergarten program’s capacity to collect, manage, and use data to better support teacher coaching, teacher differentiated instruction, teacher curricula implementation, and research.
Some other selected recent research topics include applied research on and evaluation of:
- A publicly-funded pre-kindergarten program;
- MeckCARES, a system of care for children with severe emotional disturbance and their families;
- A school–multi-agency partnership to address the needs of children and families in an impoverished neighborhood;
- The impact of “family partners” who provide support for families involved with child protective services;
- Supportive “wraparound” processes for families living in public housing developments;
- A family advocacy organization that serves families engaged with the mental health system.