Charlotte Biology and Biotechnology (CBB) Exchange Group is sponsored by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and the North Carolina Biotechnology Center that bring faculty, graduate and undergraduate students as well as technicians and scholars in biology and biotechnology together in the greater Charlotte region for information exchange, and to foster industry and academic partnership, economic development, and professional networking opportunities.
We will have a series of lectures by Distinguished Speakers. Please stay tuned for announcements. If you want to join the CBB EG and receive updates/announcements from us, please contact Dr. Shan Yan (email@example.com).
CBB Distinguished Speaker Series:
AY2017-2018: Genome Integrity and Cancer Etiology
(1) Sep 22, 2017 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Junjie Chen, Professor and Chair in Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Seminar title: Proteomics analysis of DNA damage response and tumorigenesis. Location: CHHS RM281.
(2) Nov 3, 2017 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Matthew Michael, Associate Professor in Department of Biological Sciences at University of Southern California. Seminar title: DNA break-induced activation of the germline genome in C. elegans. Location: CHHS RM281.
(3) March 2, 2018 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Anindya Dutta , Harry F. Byrd Professor and Chair in Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at University of Virginia. Seminar title: MicroDNAs, MCMs and ORCs: tales of genome stability. Location: CHHS 380.
(4) May 11, 2018 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Lee Zou, Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical School, Associate Scientific Director at MGH Cancer Center, James & Patricia Poitras Endowed Chair in Cancer Research, Jim & Ann Orr MGH Research Scholar, Associate Member at the Broad Institute. Seminar title: The ATR signaling circuitry: from basic biology to cancer therapy. Location: CHHS 380.
AY2018-2019: Genome Integrity and Cancer Etiology
(1) Oct 19, 2018 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Kyle Miller, Associate Professor, Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Texas at Austin. Seminar title: The DNA damage response: chromatin and cancer. Location: CHHS RM380.
(2) Nov 9, 2018 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Mark Kelley, Betty and Earl Herr Professor in Pediatric Oncology Research, Professor, Departments of Pediatrics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pharmacology &Toxicology, Associate Director for Basic Research, Indiana University Simon Cancer Center . Seminar title: Exploiting basic science discoveries for targeted disease therapy: The roller coaster ride of drug development. Location: CHHS RM380.
(3) May 3, 2019 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Johannes Walter, Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, American Cancer Society Research Professor, Investigator of Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), Harvard Medical School. Seminar title: At the intersection of vertebrate DNA replication and repair. Location: TBD.
(4) May 10, 2019 (12:30pm-1:30pm): Dr. Zhongsheng You, Associate Professor, Department of Cell Biology & Physiology, Co-Director, Molecular Cell Biology Graduate Program, Washington University in St. Louis. Seminar title: DNA and RNA surveillance: A Role of Intracellular Calcium. Location: TBD.
CBB EG on NCBC website: