I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I was with the Department of Biostatistics at St Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, where I joined after graduating from Michigan State University in East Lansing. I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Statistics and Quantitative Biology under the supervision of Drs. Yuehua Cui and Shin-Han Shiu.
I am interested in both developing statistical methodologies and applications to different scientific areas to gain novel insights. Especially, I am currently working on statistical and computational methods for the analysis of genetics/genomics data. (CV)
Assistant Professor, 08/2014-present, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, UNCC, Charlotte, NC
Assistant Member, 08/2011-08/2014, Department of Biostatistics, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Biostatistician, 12/2011-80/2014, Operations and Biostatistics Center, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (PBTC), Memphis, TN
Biostatistician, 10/2013-08/2014, Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
- B.S., 2003, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
- M.S., 2006, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
- Ph.D., 2011, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
- Statistical methods for distance-based analysis and applications;
- Statistical and computational methods for the analysis of genetics/genomics data, including investigations of gene-gene/gene-environment interaction, genome-wide association study, systems biology, and epigenome-wide association studies;
- Clinical trial design.
- PI, UNCC Faculty Research Grant, 2016-2017
- Co-I, mHealth Delivery of a Motivational Intervention to Address Heavy Drinking Among College Freshmen (PI: Dr. Donna Kazemi in CHHS), NIH
- Co_I: The Examination of Mandibular Advancement Devices as Novel Tools for Improving Sleep, Health, and Psychological Wellness among Military Veterans, UNC Inter-institutional Planning Grant Program, 2017-2018