Dr. Long’s primary research methods have employed interpretative phenomenology, case study approach, and grounded theory. Long was co-investigator of a federal grant that investigated the influence of families, media, organizational structure and interpersonal communication on an individual’s decision to discuss and participate in the organ donation process.
- Communication Relationships and Practices in Virtual Work
- Special Issues Editor, Journal of Information Technology Research
- Diversity Communication and Virtual Ethnographies
- African American Leadership
- Corporate Diversity/Inclusion Policies and Images
- Mentoring in Virtual Work