Director, Organizational Science
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Dr. Steven G. Rogelberg holds the title of Chancellor’s Professor at UNC Charlotte for distinguished national, international and interdisciplinary contributions. He is a Professor of Organizational Science, Management, and Psychology as well as the Director of Organizational Science. He has over 100 publications addressing issues such as team effectiveness, leadership, engagement, health and employee well-being, meetings at work, and organizational research methods. He is the Editor of the Journal of Business and Psychology, and the Talent Management Essentials book series. Dr. Rogelberg has received over $2,000,000 of external grant funding including from the National Science Foundation.
Awards and honors include receiving the 2017 Humboldt Award, the 2019 recipient of the First Citizens Bank Scholar Award, being the inaugural winner of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Humanitarian Award, receiving the SIOP Distinguished Service Award, Bowling Green State University (BGSU) Master Teacher Award, Psi Chi Professor of the Year Award, Fellow of the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, and serving as the 2000 BGSU graduation commencement speaker. He is currently the elected Secretary General of the Alliance of Organizational Psychology. Former Executive Board Member and Research & Science Officer, SIOP.
His research has been profiled on Television (CBS This Morning), Radio (e.g., NPR, CBC, CBS), Newspapers (e.g., Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, London Guardian) and Magazines (e.g., National Geographic, Forbes, Scientific American Mind).
Dr. Rogelberg’s newest book, “The Surprising Science of Meetings: How You Can Lead Your Team to Peak Performance” (Oxford), was just released and was recognized by the Washington Post as the #1 leadership book to watch for in 2019 and Business Insider as one of the “Top 14 business books everyone will be reading in 2019.”
He has been a visiting scholar and guest speaker at universities around the world including: BI Norwegian Business School (Norway), Peking University (China), University of Edinburgh (Scotland), Reykjavik University (Iceland), Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong City University, The University of Sheffield (England), The University of Zurich (Switzerland), The University of Tel Aviv (Israel), Technion University (Israel), Concordia University (Canada), the University of Mannheim (Germany) and Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium).
He founded and currently directs two large outreach initiatives, spanning 8 universities, focusing on nonprofit organization effectiveness. Over 1000 nonprofits have been served.
Before completing his Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at the University of Connecticut in 1994, he received his undergraduate B.Sc. degree from Tufts University in 1989.
Dr. Rogelberg on “The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings, Future Directions,
and Implications for Talent Management, HR, IO Consulting, and You” presenting at
the North Carolina Industrial & Organizational Psychology (NCIOP) conference in
the Fall of 2018.
UNC Charlotte | Colvard 4025 | Friday 249
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-1351 | Fax: 704-687-1317
Upcoming and Recent Talks/News
- Executive Education Program. February 20, 2019. UNC Charlotte, Center City. go.uncc.edu/surprisingscience
- The Power of the Mind: Leveraging self-leadership strategies to promote personal effectiveness, resilience, creativity, and well being. September, 2018, Ballantyne Elementary School.
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings, Future Directions, and Implications for Talent Management, HR, IO Consulting, and You as a Meeting Leader. September, 2018, North Carolina Industrial and Organizational Psychology Association.
- Meeting With Success Strategies: Unlocking The True Potential of Meetings. September, 2018, Corning Inc.
- Editor actions to promote a Robust Science. October, 2018, CARMA.
- The Surprising Science of Meetings: How You Can Lead Your Team to Peak Performance. October, 2018, UNC Charlotte Executive Education.
- Even More Meeting With Success Strategies: Unlocking the True Potential of Meetings with Additional Tools and Techniques. October, 2018, Corning Inc.
- Employee Engagement and Leading People Effectively. November, 2017, Miami, Florida
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings and Consulting/Practice Opportunities. September 2017, Providence, Rhode Island
- The Power of One’s Thoughts: A Look Inside the Executive Mind to Promote Effectiveness, Innovation, and Well-Being. September 2017, Providence, R.I.
- Publishing Success. June 2017, University of British Columbia, Canada
- The Ills and Controversies of Publishing: What Journals Should Do. May 2017, Dublin, Ireland
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings, Implications, and Future Directions. April 2017, Temple University
- Engagement and Leading People Effectively: Insights from the Field, Invited Speaker. April 2017, CFHS National Animal Welfare Conference
- Shaping the Future of I-O Through Multidisciplinary Approaches. April 2017, SIOP
- What if All Editors were Bold Like…..John. April 2017, SIOP
- Meeting Science. April 2018, Singapore
- Meeting Science. April 2018, Japan
- Results-Blind Review: A Masked Crusader for Science. April 2018, SIOP
- I-O Psychology and the Scientist-Practitioner Model: Have We Really Lost Our Way? April 2018, SIOP
- Time and Time Again: A Cross-cultural Comparison of Meeting Lateness. April 2018, SIOP
- The Science and Fiction of Meetings. June 2018, Germany
- The Science of Meetings at Work: Learnings, Implications, and Future Directions. June 2018, Germany